Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm pulling my hair out!

I spend a lot of time preaching about the content economy and what it offers in terms of new business, new value and even new jobs.  Sadly, I seem to be nearly dyslexic when it comes to participating myself.  As I type this out I wonder where (if at all) it will actually post.  I'm still not really sure how the parties behind it all (Verizon, Go Daddy, Google Apps, etc.) work and what I need to pay them.  Yet, pay them I do.

So therein lies the answer to our future of work.  People sitting in front of screens, paying to tap ideas into a keyboard and hoping those same ideas compel some third party to pay the piper, or typer in this case, for more ideas.  Its pretty fluid and by no means as tangible as getting paid to mow a lawn or drive a truck.  No wonder people sweat the future.

I'm not trying to do too much with this post - just making sure I know how to open and close the door.  If I don't somehow get lost in the process I'll be back soon enough to offer some real ideas about things like Kinaxis, the University of Wisconsin, JDA and the prospect of pulling off something I call the Woodstock Project.

I feel like a child.  Maybe I should be grateful instead of frustrated.

1 comment:

  1. sure enough - not where I thought it would post. Guess I still don't know how to open and close the door.

    ReplyDelete